This Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) certified course has replaced the QQI/FETAC certified ‘Occupational First Aid’ course for equipping workplace first aiders to deal with the most common medical emergencies.
- Patient Assessment
- Cardiac First Response (CFR)
- Adult & child CPR
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Heart attack
- Bleeding control and shock
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Unconsciousness medical emergencies
- Burns/electrical injuries hypothermia & hyperthermia
- Joint PHECC/ Occupational Resuscitation Training. ‘First Aid Response’ certificate (valid for 2 years).
- Practical skills assessment and 20 multiple choice questions (pass mark 80%).
- A 2-day refresher course is required at least every 2 years to recertify. Course includes practice of all skills, provision of clinical updates and other training need as identified by the instructor.