WHY ATTEND FIRE SAFETY TRAINING?
Under the requirements of the 2005 Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act all staff must carry out regular training in the use of workplace safety equipment. Our fire safety training course is designed to give each attendee a comprehensive theoretical knowledge and practical fire extinguisher training in the selection and usage of portable fire extinguishers. During your fire safety training course with ORT, hands-on practical experience with fire equipment will be provided. All fire safety students are encouraged to use the equipment under the guidance of a trained instructor, including fire extinguisher training and other fire safety equipment instruction.
TYPICAL COURSE CONTENT:
- Health & Safety objective
- Video – “The Bradford Fire Disaster”
- What is fire?
- The classes of fire
- Fire extinguisher training to identify types of fire extinguishers and correct usage (video)
- How to use a fire extinguisher
- What to do if you discover a fire
- Practical fire extinguisher training on controlled fires with a range of fire extinguishers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS TRAINING?
Fire Safety Course Certification:
- Course duration is approximately 2 hours depending on class size.
- The above course is covered in a printed handout which will be given to each delegate.
- On successful completion of the fire safety course, each delegate is awarded a Fire Safety Training
Certificate and an overall Certificate is issued to the company attesting to the fact that all the staff listed have completed a Fire Safety Training course.